Friday, June 19, 2015

Greeks Court Mad Vlad

    Prime Minister Tsipras of Greece went to St. Petersburg today to confer with Mr. P.  Again, Mr. P is grabbing an obvious headline.  The poor Greek needs a friend as European Union heavyweights are refusing to budge on their last demands of the Greek Government.  One assumes that  Mr. P is somewhat sympathetic: "Oh, the vile West.  Look what they've tried to do to my countrymen, with those sanctions.  Maybe I can help you.  Let's put a gasline through your country."  But, we know the Russyan economy is in recession and will continue down this path for the future.  Sorry, Mr. Tsipras, sympathy/empathy, no Euros/Dollars/Roubles.  But, how about some World Cup tickets?  I can get you front row seats in Group D, first round or maybe seats for the knockout round of games.  My good friend Sepp Blatter gave me several suitcases filled with tickets for my "family" of friends.  Plus, I like Greeks, especially Greek women.  They are so imaginative- catch my drift?
     So Mr. Tsipras is going home with an empty suitcase, but lots of empathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biden Hosts Island Nation Leaders

       In the first ever meeting among Pacific allies, President Biden hosted a tripartite meeting in Washington, DC. His goal: to indicate ...