Saturday, August 17, 2013

Screaming While Sleeping: a report from the pillow

      It doesn't happen very often, but when it does-very interesting results.   Sometime during the night, well after midnight, a "dream" grabbed hold of the deep asleep brain.   More a 'nightmare' than a dream.   The dark, human figure:faceless, silent, approaching my position/situation.  The forested background, the dimly lit environment all contributed to a deep, deep psychic terror.  I must awake to deal with this "Yeti", this Sasquatch" that surely had me marked.
      From the primal regions of the brain came the first scream, then a second, and a third and then, and then the deputy Mayor gently lifted the pillow and brought me to consciousness.   Despite believing I had resurrected myself, I was politely told, "No, I intervened for your own sake!" "And your mental health."
     So where do these rare "dreams" come from?  Who knows?  Bad food?  Bad JuJu?  Bad 'Kharma'?  Do I owe somebody some $$$$jingwah?  I may have to consult a shaman and ask for an official interpretation.   Then again, perhaps I'll Google the subject and read some opinions on the matter.
     Fortunately, the dream was not the result of bad pharma/mixtures, but just high altitude stress, and maybe a bit too much hiking around the lake.
     I'll sleep with one eye half open tonight, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biden Hosts Island Nation Leaders

       In the first ever meeting among Pacific allies, President Biden hosted a tripartite meeting in Washington, DC. His goal: to indicate ...